Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 06:21 PM   #8
rhiannon

Brand: Still Looking
State: Maryland
THOR #3776
Thank you for your replies!

Thank you all for your replies. After doing some more research, it looks like the 2017 models that various dealerships have on order definitely list different fabric options (Bay Breeze, Cityscape, Westwind), one new cabinet option (Pacific Cherry), and a new exterior color called Riverside. So my husband is going to call Mitch (one of the factory reps that emailed him after he requested information on the website) and ask him if they have a new brochure with these new color schemes.

Thank you for the information on the standard oven vs. the convection oven. I think I'm just going to get the 3-burner cooktop so I have the extra storage, and learn how to use the convection oven integrated with the microwave.

Also, thanks for the information on the washer/dryer prep and the fact that a dryer vent needs to be installed. I was thinking the combo washer/dryer is the way to go instead of the stackable units. I'm really looking forward to having a washer/dryer on board!

The 6-speed transmission is the only thing that is worrying me. As in, we really want the 6-speed transmission so I'm hoping at this point all the Challengers being built are on a chassis with the 6-speed transmission. I guess my husband can confirm this when he calls Mitch.

Any thoughts on the dual-pane windows for an extra $1200? Are they worth it?

One more thingd I thought of. The towing capacity of the Challenger. I saw it comes with an 8000 lb hitch, but the difference between the GVWR and the GCWR is only 4000 lbs. If we tow a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4-door) Rubicon (< 5000 lbs) with the wheels down and we don't load up the RV to the full 22,000 lbs GVWR, then I think we will be OK? This would be mainly on flat land. If we head west to more mountainous regions, we'd probably need to invest in a BrakeBuddy system.

Thanks again for everyone's replies!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.