Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 02:47 PM   #13
luvtufsh

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #18516
same issue with mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwav8tr View Post
Hello fellow Thor Friends. Just wanted to update this thread as I have been searching endlessly to find a solution to our drooping overhead bed.

Spent several hours searching for a controller, measuring actuator lengths, Pushing and holding the bed button up and down and scratching my head.

Here’s some facts on our 2017 ACE 30.1.

There’s no controller! The actuators have two micro switches internally that stop at extension and retraction. There is no adjustment.

My particular situation is the actuators are retracting and extending as they should. Exactly 6 inches. The bed still does not retract enough for the magnets in the ceiling to catch. (Who designed this?)

I am still trying to figure out a solution to “shift” the actuators in by 1/4 inch. Will post my progress here.

Just wanted to let those searching for answers the fact that there is no Controller hiding anywhere in the coach.

More to come.
-Scott
Thanks for this info it really confirmed my suspicions. Thanks for the actuator info on amazon. Your info was welcomed. Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum