Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 12:24 PM   #1
SunriseCamp

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Synergy 24MB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16965
Batteries not powering 12V Coach

Hi, I've got a 2019 Thor Synergy and mistakenly drained my AGM batteries to 11.4 volts on a recent trip. After turning the converter back on the batteries returned to full charge, BUT no power to the 12V coach system - e.g. the display that controls the lights, etc. wont power-up AND the steps stopped working. Here's what I've troubleshot so far:
  • When my shore-power or generator is running - all the 12V systems work great.
  • Using my volt-meter I can see a full 12.6V + charge on the batteries and my leveling jacks still work.
  • I substituted my existing batteries with a known fully charged battery, still no 12V to the coach systems or steps
  • The solar charge controller is thowing a code that means either low-voltage or no-battery present
  • No light on the 12V Coach on-off switch (except when running on Shore Power or Generator
  • After studying my circuit diagrams, I suspect it might be the battery disconnect or maybe that 50Amp Type III breaker. Would you agree?
I've tried tracing the battery cables and the wiring on the 12V Coach switch with no success. Where might that battery disconnect switch be located?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum