Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 08:34 PM   #15
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Thanks for all of your inputs. I only had a few minutes when I found the hanging cable. I will go back to the RV tomorrow and follow the cable back, probably to the ground on the starter. I will also check its continuity to ground which I suspect it will have.

Then unless I hear otherwise I will connect it to one of the screws you see in the pic. I suspect it was never connected at the factory.

Anyone have any thoughts about the dead cigarette lighter sockets in the cockpit?

I did find the "schematics" in the Owner's Resource section of Thormotorcoach.com where I did register. The plumbing schematics were the most useful. The electrical schematics were pretty simple.

The one thing it cleared up for me were the three pos cable connections to the coach batteries. One #2 goes through a 100A breaker and then to the generator starter. It is that circuit that probably represents the hanging minus cable. Another cable #6 goes to a 50A breaker, the on/off switch and then to the converter panel. The third is a #2 and goes to the BIM.

That all makes sense now.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum