Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:13 AM   #9
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Painfully obvious comments in BLUE for any Axxera AV614BHowner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmartiniv View Post
I have not been very impressed with the Axxera AV614BH unit.

* I haven't been able to get the DualMirror function to work.

The actual mirrors still work? The screen has too much glare to be practical anyway.

* The HDMI plug and USB charging plug in the dash don't seem to be working as there is no current to the USB outlet.

Might be a fuse, or it just wasn't connected.

* For a "multimedia" unit, one would expect it to be Sirius-XM ready.

It's the 2003 version of "multimedia". No Sirius-XM.

* The manual mentions "SD card" throughout but it is actually a "Micro" SD card.

At least it's not a proprietary Sony SD card!

* The manual says the "SD slot" is at the "top of the unit," but it is on the side.

It's all about perspective, and relative to where you are in time and space.

* Apple's mp4 music files are not compatible with the unit. MP3 only. All 8,000+ of my music files are mp4.

MP4 is standard used for video file compression. A conversion program can easily convert those 8,000 files into respectable audio MP3.

* I don't know if it is the quality of the rear camera, or if it is the Axerra display, but it is not very clear. Practically useless except to tell that my toad is still back there.

The lens might be smudged. But even then, it's cheap low-res camera and looks blurry and smudged when it's not.

* For warranty work, the website tells me the unit has to be removed from the dash and shipped to Axerra for repair. That's insane.

That's far better than shipping the entire motorhome to China.

This will be one of the first things I replace in my Challenger.

Good decision! Have you considered the Jensen JRV215N? The few folks that received them as warranty replacements seem to like them. It would have been the natural successor to the JRV212 that Thor used to supply up until early 2015 production, when they switched to Axxera units.

The Jensen units actually had far less troubles compared to the new Axxera, (if your Jensen screen didn't go blank it's still working fine and will probably outlast the coach). However, Thor was likely able to bulk purchase at wholesale the Axxera AV614BHunits for MUCH less than the JRV215N.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum