Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Heater
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 01:29 PM   #3
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley97 View Post
I have a 2018 Thor 24HE. The Atwood heater does not want to work. When I turn on the heater the fan comes on and sometimes I can hear the heater attempt to fire. Other times it doesn't even try.

I have propane flowing. I have tried lighting the heater while the stove is running and after running the stove with no luck.

I checked the sail switch and it is as clean as a whistle.

Any other ideas?

Your description of spark attempts sometimes and not at other times sounds like a loose or poor electrical connection in the fan proving circuit of the furnace. Your guess at the sail switch is a good start. The fan starts when there is a call for heat, so the 12vdc is OK and the thermostat is calling for heat OK. The proving circuit “usually”consists of the sail switch in series with the high temp limit switch connecting to the control board. If the proving circuit fails (open/bad connection) no sparking attempt will occur initiated by the control board. Check your proving circuit wiring connections are clean and tight in the furnace. Worst case it might be something strange like a crack in the control board copper trace that opens/fails sometimes and works other times. A multimeter to test the various proving circuit components might come in handy if you visually can’t find the bad connection.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum