Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 07:25 PM   #23
Korey & Tana Jackson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
THOR #11769
Hanging wire

Reference generator ground:
We took our 2018 Vegas to our nearest Cummins/Onan dealer twice last fall because of difficulty starting the generator. (Note: 3 year warranty)
The second they discovered the issue was the ground strap to the frame was loose.
Something to check and maintain in the future.

Reference power ports in cab:
Last summer after driving rough New York highways our cab 12V outlet (aka power port) quit.
After checking fuses, I slid on my back and looked up under the dash, and discovered the positive wire to the port was disconnected. That spade connector fits tight and takes some effort to seat fully.

Speaking of rough roads, a couple weeks ago, a washer and nut fell on the floor by my feet. After some examination, we determined it was one of the fasteners for the center console to the dash, (top drivers side). That also merits future periodic checks and preventive maintenance (firmly tighten, but don’t overtighten).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.