Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Axxera Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 07:51 PM   #13
puppygeo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau V25
State: California
THOR #19470
Thumbs up Since the start ...

I hated my Axxera the very next day after purchasing our motorhome. I asked myself why Thor would put such a piece of garbage in this RV?

Anyway, did some research and after a few months, I installed a 10" Jensen CAR1000 unit. Basically a tablet! It does exactly what I want. Runs Android Auto while driving giving me immediate and intuitive access Google Assistant, Google Maps, Spotify and a few other features. Comes with a mic (actually works good too!) that I installed above the driver's sun visor. Easy wiring and includes the backup cam just like the Axxera but a much brighter and clearer picture. Comes with a remote for listening to music while in the coach. It also has the Apple software if that's what you use.

You do have to remove (or partially remove) the dash on a Ford Class C cutaway though, so that was the biggest challenge. IMO it was worth the effort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210403_123754_2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	29575  
puppygeo is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.