Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 05:10 PM   #17
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Everywhere I look the specs for the BT36 show a F550 chassis. The new specs have not yet been published so there is no indication of length etc...

Even though the flooplan is the same (design wise) doesn't mean the dimensions are the same. All adds I see for the BT36 show a floorpan labeled BH35 and they are incorrect if the BT36 is going to include washer and dryer prep because this is not shown on the floorpans.

My bet is when the specs and floorpan actually get released they will not be identical to the BH35 and the the BT36 may will be a foot or two longer and a bit heavier than the BH35. Also of note is the model is BT36 and not BT35 which tells me there is an increase in length of at least one foot.

Until such time as the actual specs for the BT36 are released no-one knows for sure.

The picture of the F600 I posted was from a dealer who has the BT36 in stock and wasn't PhotoShopped.

There also has been Thor documentation released stating the BT36 is on the F600. In an earlier post from rlbuzz, he posted the document (see attached).

I have become somewhat of a semi-expert on the Magnitude / Omni, I would bet you my next payment that the physical dimensions are 99% identical to the BH35 (which was my primary point).

A Thor rep in Wakarusa told me last year when I was there the BH35 couldn't offer the 4x4 option because the F-550 was at it's weight limit. The Thor 4x4 Super C is somewhat of a niche market and becoming popular. Almost everyone I have met with an Omni / Magnitude that can offer the 4x4 option (the SV34, XG32 and RB34) has 4x4 in their coach.

The RB34 was added last year and offered washer / dryer prep plus 4x4 option and it was essentially a replacement for the short-lived BB35 (which did not offer 4x4 but was about an identical floorplan as well).

Yes, the BT36 will have the washer / dryer prep added as well but it is essentiall the same floorplan as the BH35. So there may be a few minor differences between the BT36 and the BH35 but they are essentially the same coach with almost identical floorplan and ~37' length but with the added 4x4 option courtesy of the F600. I will bet the BH35 is no longer being made and will be listed as "Dealer Stock Only" when Thor adds the BT36 to their website.

The bottom line is.... now every Thor Super C model (XG32, SV34, RB34 and BT36) offers 4x4, which was not the case before. All non-4x4 models will be elmininated from the line up as soon as existing stock is used up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 1.02.23 PM.png
Views:	101
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	29609  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum