Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 12:50 AM   #1
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Shock absorber question

Just brought the coach back from her spring check-up. Brought her to a highly recommended facility with lots of trucks, buses, RV's in their lot. I gave them a list of standard items to check, including shocks. Our ACE 30.2 is a 2015 on a 2014 chassis. She now has 32,000 miles, having driven all over the US. Good roads, bad roads (lots of bad roads), mountains, more mountains, and flat lands. She has safe t plus, sumos (front and back) rear track bar, CHF, 4 corner weights, and properly inflated tires (per Toyo chart). Over the last 2 years the ride has felt bumpier--like the rear is bouncing down the road. For two years the truck guys have told me the shocks are fine when I say that I think she needs new shocks. Finally I asked why they felt the shocks were fine, and, drum roll please, it is because they are not leaking (insert eyeroll here). So I got an install price and the service manager said to get the shocks I wanted. He suggested Monroes, and said he has a hard time getting Bilstein's or Koni's. So, am I off base in feeling that I need to replace my shocks? I have always used Bilsteins as my go to replacement shock. They really reduced the bounces over expansion joints and crummy roads for my prior coaches. Is this still true? My current gasser is slightly bigger (longer back overhang) and heavier than my prior gassers.
Thanks for your suggestions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum