Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 04:49 PM   #6
Rz350

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #22190
Found issue I believe.?

Ive been going nuts trying track down my water pump/monitor panel power issue. In doing so i came across many faulty connectors. Multi wire plugs where the manufacturer did not properly strip, crimp and install properly. Where wires just pull out the back of connectors. Very disheartening as these live throughout the coach. This was also a cause for my previous awning issue.

Anyway I repaired the ones found approximately 5 separate wires simply not connected.

I still wasn’t able to find the typical latching controller. But did find what I believe is the relay for the water pump. It is a typical relay similar to what you find in a automotive fuse box. Bosch. There were at least 3 i could see buried under a gang if wire under bed by main circuit panel under the main power transfer switch. This is a terrible place for these because there is no room to truly work on them or access without taking bed apart which from what i can tell requires the slide to be removed!!

Based only the wire colors going to that relay (black , white ) wires maybe 16 gauge. I squeezed my hand in best as possible and “click” it sounded like it popped into connector. Pump and panel are working again.

If i find an easy way to remove upper bed panel to clean up and secure these wires ill post a picture. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B54A42A1-592E-4AA2-A0F6-E12A96E801D6.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	29740   Click image for larger version

Name:	2FB7D5DE-2E9C-47CA-A1CB-5DB40BBAAF1D.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	29741  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.