Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 05:30 PM   #16
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I used to put reflectix up there in storage, but it was hard to get it to stay.

When my roof was done by rvroof.com a few years ago they gave me the option to coat the skylight. I replaced it with new since the plastic was badly UV damaged, and then had them coat it. Makes the sower dark but significantly cooled down the joint and eliminated the UV damage to the interior finishes. I'm very glad I did it. The other upshot is tat it made the skylight a lot tougher against things such as hail or unidentified falling objects.
If not doing rvroof.com, I would at least paint the dome. I like the flexseal idea but that probably wouldn't hold up in the UV without some sort of top coat.

A good flexible stucco paint would probably do the trick.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum