Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 06:24 PM   #16
Badmanrick

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #15745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coveman2 View Post
In my research on batteries, controllers and solar, IHMO if you have a lot of money to spend the lithium is the way to go but bang for your buck AGM or sealed lead acid are what I will be changing to when my current batteries give up. I only had the OEM Harris batteries in use for a month before they failed, Thor did pay for the replacements which were deep cycle from NAPA which have worked great and will stay with them for now.
Coveman2
When I picked up my new Hurricane34j it had two wet cell Cheap batteries as the house batteries. It did have a NAPA The Legend AGM chassis battery.
I had camping world replace the 2 house batteries with Roadhawk (DEKA)AGM batteries. After a lot of research I found that the Roadhawk AGM Batteries and the Napa AGM battery are made by EAST PENN
Batteries. Roadhawk is the Camping World brand name. They also make DEKA, DURRACELL, DIE HARD, AND MANY OTHER BRAND NAMES. They are one of the largest battery companies and they are made in the USA.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum