Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 09:40 AM   #23
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Same here.......

I spoke to Precision Circuits a year ago and they told me the same thing.... that is didn't matter which way it was wired. They even sent me a replacement BIM160.

I installed the new BIM and the behavior did not change. Then after searching other coach manufacturer forums, I found they all wire the BIM opposite of Thor.

As soon as I moved the chassis battery cable and the wire for the chassis voltage monitoing to the BATT-A post and moved the house batteries to BATT-B, all the problems went away and it started working as designed. I also verified the SIG post went to the emergency start switch.

Two other things I considered that made me think the other manufacturers were right......

First.... the IGN post is directly above the BATT-A post. I could not get the schematics the circuit board inside the BIM but I am guessing that has an impact on operation because schematics I have seen show that going to the chassis batteris.

Second... from information that I read about the the BIM for LI batteries, the chassis battery MUST be connected to the BATT-A post. It looks identical to the BIM 160/225 but we know LI batteries need to be handled differently.

Now I have a diesel but I can't imagine it matters between a gasser and a diesel... even though I have two chassis batteries.

All I know is putting in a new BIM160 didn't fix the problem but wiring it the way the other coach manufacturers did solve all of my issues.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.