Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 01:39 PM   #8
RVwife

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
Here is another explanation:

The Girard has a low temperature freeze protection feature. Even though the inside control panel may be off, if it gets below 38 as I recall the burner lights for about 30 seconds to keep the water coil inside. With the propane off it tries to light, making the sound you hear.

The solution is to turn the outside on/off switch to off. That shuts off all power to the water heater. Open the outside cover and that switch is on the left. Or you can turn the main coach battery on/off switch to off.

David
Now this could make a LOT of sense! It was relatively cold, temps in the mid 30s but those little white flakes dropping out of the sky off and on. Yes, it did seem like the unit was trying to kick in but couldn't. I remember asking DH if propane was on or off and he said it was off.

I'm a bit confused about the "outside" on/off switch. Is there a second switch we haven't learned about yet? The power on/off that DH was pushing is located on a panel inside the coach, in the bathroom.

Thanks so much for adding valuable info to our knowledge bank.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.