Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 04:21 PM   #26
1129Fran

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34R
State: Texas
THOR #21191
Late to the party
I talked w Thor and they sent me the dealer instructions for the firefly recall. Great pictures showing all steps needed to install. It is a simple fix complicated by it having to be done by an authorized dealer. In TX, because of franchise law, only a dealer who sells that particular RV model can do the work. A regular Thor authorized service center can not. I bought my windsport 34R used from out of state and learned the hard way. Called local (30 mile away) CW made appointment, arrived and was told we can’t do that (they don’t sell windsport). Now waiting on another appointment.....at a dealer who wants me to drive over (35 miles in other direction) so they can look and see what’s needed. I sent them the dealer instructions with all the info and they still need to look, then order part etc.
I am trying to avoid the driving and the waiting.
My biggest gripe so far is that many service departments don’t answer the phone!!!!! BTW I do have a very good repair shop for everything else just not this darn recall item!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum