Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 06:29 PM   #20
AJMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Regency Ultra Brougham IB
State: Arizona
THOR #13468
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Lithium is the yuppy thing to do if you have money burning a hole in your pocket or actually boon dock a lot.
Whether Lithium batteries are worth the cost depends upon both how you camp and what equipment and appliances you have. Our RV has a compressor refrigerator and that alone is enough to eat up 60 AH overnight; more if it is warm. Add to that watching DVDs on the TV and using some other small electric appliances and you need more than what you get with a standard pair of wet cell batteries. If we are not in a park that has shore power it is very easy for us to have batteries well below the minimum recommended, and hence our change to Lithium batteries.

We are not yuppies, nor do I have money burning a hole in my pocket. We are retired folks living on a budget, and we camp rather than go to hotels and restaurants when we travel, and the Lithium batteries make it possible for us to do so when we are dry camping or boondocking.

If, on the other hand, you camp where you have shore power, then I think there is generally no reason for anything beyond the batteries that come with the RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum