Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 12:30 AM   #33
BASSMAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
The stock Interstate batteries that came with my coach and with my bass boat failed in the first 6 months after buying new, I replaced my coach batteries with Gel Cell an have just ordered 2 new lithium for my bass boat, they are the Dakota brand and come with a 11 year warranty, your lead acid batteries only give you a 1 year warranty but usually only cost you a $100.00 or less depending on the size, I replaced my coach batteries with 4 gel cell and they have been in for over 3 years and no problems, manufacture said they should go 10 years in normal RV use, lithium are a fad right now but they are the battery of the future but are still a lot of money, if I can get 10 years or more out of the lithium than I am probably breaking even compared to the lead acid and I do not have to deal with them for the next 10 years, lithium will come down in the next few years and so will AGM and Gel Cells now that they have some comptetion, just depends on what you want and how long you plan to keep your rig, I am fed up with changing out batteries in my boat and having them fail when I am on a trip so I am willing to spend the money to see if the lithium will perform like they claim, I will not waste any more money on the lead acid batteries, even the major manufactures of cars have given up on lead acid batteries and have gone with the AGMs

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.