Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Clear coat
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 02:30 AM   #15
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpandt View Post
Bob, I put this on the front end cap with hand sponge and with one coat it looked great. On the other hand, I used a sponge mop to do the rear and sides and with one coat there are a lot of streaks, and some drips visible. How many coats do you put on and what do you apply it with? I am hoping an additional coat or two may give some improvement.
Here’s the method I discovered on-line from other users
1) Wash and dry area
2) With a “Mr Clean buffing sponge (Walmart has a cheaper Great Value brand) scrub down the area. Use the sponge dry, not wet.
3) It will slightly dull the surface area, don’t worry
4) With a spray bottle ($1 at Walmart or Dollar Tree), fill the ZEP Floor Polish into bottle
5) Micro Fibre cloths work best. Spray polish onto the Micro Fibre

Then wipe and shine, let dry...wipe and shine.
I put 3-4 coats on it

If your rig sits in the sun 24/7, you’ll need to re-apply more often (4-6 months)
If the shine flakes a bit from the sun, use the MrClean sponge
Then wipe & shine

If you want to use the spray bottle again suggest you pour remains back into gallon container then wash out bottle thoroughly with water, especially the spray head as it gets clogged once it drys

I’m really happy with the results. I even put some on the stripes & it seems to help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1F71320C-27A9-46A5-B18E-51DCA346C024.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	29822  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum