Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 06:04 PM   #19
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
[QUOTE=Bulldog;287814]My Thor RW 28 (2018 model), has the same rocker switch in lieu of the dial-type switch that most RV’s have ( the “In Use/ Store” Switch).

I contacted Thor and asked if I could replace the rocker switch with the dial type switch without damaging the electrical system, and I was told that I could do so. The tech also told me that based on all of the calls and issues people have had with the rocker switch, they no longer install the rocker switches on new MH’s (who knows if this is true but it’s what I was told)....[QUOTE]

Not sure that is going to solve your problem, and I doubt if the tech you talked to understood what he was saying. A rocker switch is almost certainly a low current trigger to a separate latching relay. It is the relay that carries the heavy current, not the rocker switch. A rotary on/off switch does have heavy contacts that can carry the current but it is not a SPDT switch like the rocker which is what you need to trigger the latching relay.

You could possibly replace the latching relay with a heavy on/off switch, but that would take some heavy rewiring because the latching relay is not near where the rocker switch is located.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.