Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 07:08 PM   #36
Wiley1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Virginia
THOR #19277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmanrick View Post
LITHIUM BATTERIES would be great if you can afford them. However you need to change the AC/dc converter, the BIM, the alternator and all batteries to run lithium batteries. $$$$$
After a night of dry camping, it is really nice to have our battery bank automatically recharge as we roll down the road. Right now, our stock Ford alternator does a great job of getting our (4) AGM batteries back up to speed as we drive.

If a rich uncle dies, we might someday be able to afford 4 new lithium batteries. I can flip a switch on my Aimscorp inverter/charger to reconfigure the charging voltage, but what about the alternator? It just occurred to me that the alternator voltage won't be an exact match for lithium.

Would the entire alternator need to be replaced? and the BIM, too?
Does it matter all that much for up to 10 hours of straight through driving?
Does anybody know?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum