Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 05:24 PM   #24
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
When people buy units that have been sitting in the yard for a while, the batteries are recharged before the new owner picks them up. At that point they are most likely shot due to not being kept up in the first place. That happened to us. 4 months after purchase I had to buy new batteries. Yes, they were under warranty, but I wanted to get AGM (sealed) type batteries so not to have the fumes under the steps eating away at the steel. Plus the dealer is a 1890 mile round trip at 8 MPG.

Truth. Our coach sat on a dealers lot for a full year before we bought it. We got a terrific price but all three batteries failed within the first couple of months. The two house batteries rather catastrophically on our first trip. We had to buy and self install replacements on the road. Fortunately the manufacturer sent us a check for the full cost and it was waiting for us when we got home. It was a nuisance but all’s well that ends well. I think manufacturers get blamed for using substandard batteries when really it is the dealers who don’t take care of them. It only takes a week or so of a light left on or a month of sitting to do irreparable damage.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.