Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 09:10 PM   #42
BASSMAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
Wiley1, I live in Southern California and do not have the cold problems, I went with the Gel based on the life and performance a friend had with his, he got 10 years out of his and only replaced them because he did not want them failing wile he was using his rig, he lives in Arizona, just like a tire, it may still have tread on it but they have a life span like anything else, the first two Gel Cells I bought were $350.00 each and the second set 2 months later were $250.00 each for the same battery, not sure why the sudden drop in price but it is what it is, I have had them for 3 years now and no complaints, I have seen the AGMs going for over $230.00, I think in a short time you will see the lead/acid batteries banned an California will be the first state to do it, I did unhook the converter in the breaker box and put in 4, 100 watt panels and a 2,000 watt inverter/charger and it has the settings for all the different types of batteries, the inverter/charger, solar controller and my dc to dc charger are equipped with the temp sensors

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum