Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 06:32 AM   #16
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
I just called FORD Motor Company to request and verify manual for my 2021 THOR ACE (2020 Ford F53 Chassis per the build sheet). I gave them the VIN and I was placed on hold for several minutes. I explained my concern or question about the Manual NOT showing the same location of the "oil dip stick". and also my question why I am not seeing the oil filler cap where is should be, based on the manual (I will re-check again today when I get home).

Now.... this is what bothered me with the call. The Rep told me that he "highly suggest to me to take the RV to have the oil change done at the FORD Dealership, as it is new and it is still under warranty". I was told the If I do my own oil change, that "may void" the warranty. WTF???

Issue I have with me taking the RV to Ford is that there are only 3 Ford Dealerships in Las Vegas area. No one want to work on an RV because the RV DO NOT fit their work area. So what now???

Can they really void warranty of we do our own oil change? (even if we purchase the oil filter and oil from Ford Dealership to prove we used the correct oil filter and oil grade)?
Yes, doing your own oil change can void your warranty if you screw it up and cause damage to the engine. but otherwise, no. They would have to prove that what you did caused the "warranty" problem. And you don't have to buy the oil and filter from the dealer but you do have to buy oil and a filter that meets their specifications for your engine, listed in the Owners manual.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.