Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 08:40 PM   #5
SLONewbie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #23134
Not the latch

Thanks for your super speedy reply Ted and Melinda!

I had read these posts and did some YouTube viewing, so thought that this was the issue. I was able to remove the screws from the lock from the inside (after crawling back through the window of course, and removing the screen!) but it won't come come free. I can see the bolts and the latch and have a screwdriver keeping the latch from latching back in. However, I think something else must be jammed because it won't come out even with bolts and latch pushed back in.

I suspect this piece of metal up above the top bolt and the second lock (that is retracted in this photo). Not sure what it does, so don't want to beat it with a hammer just yet. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jam.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	29962  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum