Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 02:25 AM   #6
Yosemitebob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
OK, I read over their entire Installation Instructions and find some interesting questions I need to ask them. You must arleady have your brake system hooked up whatever system you decide to use, but I expected that. It says "Stay-IN-Play Duo is designed to provide progressive braking effort based on the brake lights of the coach AND inertia (stopping G-force)." I don't see that system working with my coach. In using the Ford Exhaust Brake, in my 2015 diesel, I have to hit the brake pedal, not hard, but a firm tap, to iniate the brake exhaust when going downhill and again for every gear lower. It is the way my exhaust brake and others work. So everytime I hit my brake to iniate the exhaust brake it will also iniate the Stay-IN-Play. It seems an undo stress will be put onto the tow brakes and for how long will the brakes be activated. I have a message into the company asking about this issue, when I get an answer I'll be sure to update my finding about it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.