Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: "Regeneration"?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 08:06 PM   #17
JimSpy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Arizona
THOR #14425
Send a message via Skype™ to JimSpy
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
So here's your first mistake...... you don't go to the RV dealer for chassis / engine problems. They are defintely not qualified to diagnois this issue. They may have a code reader but they know little to nothing about a Ford diesel emmission system. They also won't know about Ford TSB's.

Uness your RV dealer is also a Ford authroized service center, you need to go to your local Ford dealer... I assumed that is who you were dealing with for this issue and not an RV dealer.

Never use an RV dealer for anything other than an oil change when it comes to the engine or chassis.
Well, this particular place just hired a certified Ford mechanic, and it is he who advised me on this issue - without selling me anything - and apparently described it properly, according to what I've learned both on OBD-Codes.com and here. I was using a local RV dealer for coach-related stuff, and a Ford dealer for engine/chassis stuff, so I am hip to what you say. But I switched to this RV dealer because of very high marks from everyone, and because of their newly-hired Ford tech. So right back atcha! But generally, yes, that's good advice. I only checked with y'all to make sure that the real experts here were in agreement with what I was hearing. Due diligence!
Thor Gemini 23TR
RVing since 2018
JimSpy is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum