Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: "Regeneration"?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 08:14 PM   #19
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
"Regeneration"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpy View Post
Well, this particular place just hired a certified Ford mechanic, and it is he who advised me on this issue - without selling me anything - and apparently described it properly, according to what I've learned both on OBD-Codes.com and here. I was using a local RV dealer for coach-related stuff, and a Ford dealer for engine/chassis stuff, so I am hip to what you say. But I switched to this RV dealer because of very high marks from everyone, and because of their newly-hired Ford tech. So right back atcha! But generally, yes, that's good advice. I only checked with y'all to make sure that the real experts here were in agreement with what I was hearing. Due diligence!

Hiring a “certified” Ford mechanic is all well and good but it doesn’t make the RV dealership qualified to fully diagnosis.... or even provide authorized Ford warranty service.... unless it is an actual Ford dealership.

I have a sofisticated scanner and often pull up codes to help point me in the right direction if I’m trying to solve an issue myself... so sure... an RV dealer can do the same thing. So if they were doing it as a courtesy, that’s certainly fine and helpful.

In the end, the RV dealer doesn’t have access to TSB’s, Recalls, etc. that would be used to further diagnose and potentially correct an issue like the one you reported. If it was me, I would be contacting my Ford dealer to get it into them as soon as possible whether the dealer was reading the code ls for you or not.... especially if it is under warranty.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum