Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 08:50 PM   #6
tripntx

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SR
State: Texas
THOR #23111
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumatics View Post
I went through this several years back.

The door manufacturers that supply the assembly houses change regularly. The doors are typically made to order for each model. NOT painted. Older models no way you get a door made from scratch.

The assembly houses paint the units and this includes the doors at time of assembly. Paint changes year to year as does decals.

Parts after market.... no paint. And maybe no doors.

After trying several different avenues in getting a bent door as replacement that would not come painted anyhow, I took it to a body shop that does RV work. He disassembled the door, replaced the outside aluminum skin and several interior angles, finished and filled and then painted it to match. Had some other scratches and a bit of flaking of the clear coat elsewhere so it did cost about $1K altogether but it looked like new.
I will go the route of a body shop if unable to procure a door.

Called Lazy Days Elkhart, Indiana yesterday afternoon and left a message. A few minutes later someone returned my call, asked for measurements, and then sent a text for me to reply to with the measurements. I replied to the text with measurements and pictures. Guess I'll find out this week if they can get one.
Fort Clark Springs, Texas
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.