Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 11:26 PM   #1
markevans

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24F
State: California
THOR #17796
Inverter flash and smoke!

I have a 300W Go Power! inverter in a 2019 Chateau 24F. I tend to switch it off when not in use, but when I switched it on last time there was a flash, some smoke, and a smell of burning electronics.

What surprises me is it's still working fine, with the light showing green. There is a slight hum, and the fan isn't turning, but I don't know if that's normal. I checked how hot it was every 5 mins for an hour, and had a fire extinguisher on stand by, but it was only slightly warm.

When I turned it on I did have two TVs connected, but on "stand by" power, and a laptop charger, but I don't think they would draw that much power.

Can anyone advise what the flash/smoke was, and is it now a danger (fire/electric shock) and should be replaced?
Many thanks for any help, Mark

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.