Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 03:20 PM   #24
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
Hey Bill. I see that you also have a ACE 33.1 Is your V8 like mine? Or V10? I am having a difficult time locating the “oil filler cap”. I think I may have finally located it, based on the “second print manual” i posted above. I just want to make sure I pour the replacement oil in the correct filler hole. The original printed manual that came with my RV have questionable information. Then I came across a second printed version from Ford website, which made more sense and looked correct. (The dealership I bought the RV from is No Help at all).
Yes I have the 7.3 v8 and I was under it a few weeks ago installing a steering stabilizer and I noticed the filter and the drain plug is easy to get to. I don't have enough miles yet to change mine but I'm going away shortly so were are starting to load it today since winter. I will lift the hood up and look for the oil fill in a few minutes. My grill was loose on mine when I bought it so I replaced the nuts with the plastic insert locking nuts now it will never come loose. I use my battery 3/8 drive wrench to remove the grill any time I want it takes about 5 minutes. I'll go look now

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum