Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 03:37 PM   #26
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
Hey Bill. I see that you also have a ACE 33.1 Is your V8 like mine? Or V10? I am having a difficult time locating the “oil filler cap”. I think I may have finally located it, based on the “second print manual” i posted above. I just want to make sure I pour the replacement oil in the correct filler hole. The original printed manual that came with my RV have questionable information. Then I came across a second printed version from Ford website, which made more sense and looked correct. (The dealership I bought the RV from is No Help at all).
Okay the oil fill is on the drivers side up near the top. look for the big rectangle box in the front it is just to the right of that. I have never removed the inside engine cover, If it is easy to remove it might be easy to fill the oil there. I would go to the store and buy one of those 10 dollar pumps, they are usually black on the pump and the hoses are orange. Just pump the oil into the fill tube. I have an old car I drive and I use the pump to remove 4 quarts of transmission fluid every year and replace it with new. so far it has 200,000 and it works great. These pumps work very well and it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to pump all the oil in probably less than that

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum