Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #66
SCraig

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arkansas
THOR #3319
Thumbs up Jensen JRV212T

My Jensen JRV212T mysteriously developed the same "Blank Screen" syndrome. I have tried every trick found and still have the same problem.
I've decided to scrap the Jensen & install a Sony Headend Unit (Sony XAV-W650BT) $299.99 from Crutchfield with DVD player, rear camera input & all the other inputs I use - Front auxiliary, Rear auxiliary, USB & Bluetooth.

To handle my rear view & side mirror cameras I am adding a SV-900.CSB
Multi-Camera Switcher from sonicelectronix.com for $69.99. This unit has the triggers for turn signal input, back up input & a wired remote to allow manual camera selection. I am buying one more to keep on-board - just in case. $70.00 is a bargain compared to what I would pay to arrange a fix on the road.

This will allow me to choose any automotive Stereo system that will plug the dash hole & provide for a single video input (Commonly available) and the other inputs I want to have. In a pinch, I could stop in any Wal-Mart and pick up an emergency replacement unit (maybe without the frills - but with the driving necessities) for a couple hundred dollars.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum