Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 03:23 PM   #7
lwj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #23133
So I have been experiencing the same battery drain issue with my Thor Synergy on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis. The local Mercedes dealer service department couldn't find the source of the drain, nor did they mention the battery cable disconnect located above the foot pedal. I suspected the source of the drain might be the Axxerra radio, confirmed by some threads on this web site. So I called Axxera radio tech guy just confirmed that the radio which Thor installed does in fact drain the battery even when appearing to be "off." He suggested I install a toggle power switch connected to the red wire located behind the radio. He said I could easily remove the radio by prying off the border trim, then sliding some knives down the sides to release the clips. Then cutting the red wire and installing the switch, locating this switch to somewhere handy. Inside the cigarrete tray? I haven't tried this yet. Has anyone else? News to follow.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum