Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Towing a MH
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 03:52 PM   #9
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
It's basically a small commercial truck chassis. Most big towing companies are well versed on the procedures. If it's a long tow, they will need to pull the real axles through the hubs. They use a wheel/frame "stinger" whereby the lift the front with the tires or the framing/suspension...not a typical "bumper tow". It's pricey but make sure they address the needs/requirements for the rear axles.
I actually witnessed what happens if they don't. Going down I-40, headed east. Tow truck pulling a semi. He was in the slow lane and I was in the middle. Luckily, no one was beside me. I was slowly gaining on him when there was a loud BOOM and sure enough, the center hub came flying out into the middle lane.

I was able to swerve and miss only by the grace of God, there was no one to my left so I could use part of the third lane. It seemed quite large as I passed it. Had I hit it, it would have done significant damage to the underside.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum