Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 07:51 PM   #24
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Well I assume the Winni techs should know their own electrical systems but maybe the factory did something "different" somewhere? I would have “guessed” the two coach (house) battery +12 cables you describe would have been one via a 100 Amp reset-able breaker (typical) feeding hydraulic pump motor; the gen start solenoid/relay and via a secondary 50 amp reset-able breaker, the use/store latch relay to ultimately feed the coach fuse panel/converter connection;

You seem to be very smart to assume anything from a Winni Tech
The people I have talked to thus far are front line Customer Service Support Agents. The way I see at the moment.

1. The drawing of wiring may be wrong
2. What they are telling me may be wrong
3. The coach may have a defective part or was miswired at the factory

But I will stick with you and lay out the facts as I see them to be. I wish to know how this ends

In this coach, I don't believe there are ANY Breakers in the battery compartment (under door steps). The breakers are all on the opposite side of Steps (Driver side) in a compartment with a nice breaker panel. I have not pulled the panel yet but it clearly says the Solenoid and the Battery Disconnect is behind it That is where you will see Hydraulic Pump breaker, slide breaker etc.

the second coach battery cable (via the 150 amp fuse) feeding your 1000 watt inverter (assuming 80% efficient – say 1200 watts @12vdc = 100 Amps full load WAG).

Yes the coach battery cable that flows through the CNN150 Fuse appears to go down the passenger side of coach toward the location of Magnum 1000 Inverter in lower compartment; as well as the Progressive Dynamics Charger which is inside of coach under a dining bench. It is also the location of all of the light DC resettable breakers.

But turning off use/store kills all coach battery loads and inverter......all, except the ant/cable switch LED......only if the chassis battery is still connected.

No, that sentence is not 100% correct. I will restate what you were saying to 100% correct.
But turning off use/store kills all coach battery loads......all, except the inverter & ant/cable switch LED......only if the chassis battery is still connected.
The most interesting “new info” comment is #3: removing the coach (house) battery ground connection kills inverter and ant/cable LED. I assume this is under your test situation where the use/store is off (store) and chassis battery is still connected? YES If yes, it tells me that somehow the coach battery is still sourcing the voltage to operate the ant/cable LED. and the Inverter Any way to easily remove the physical ground connection (temporarily) from your inverter only and leave all else & Try your tests again.? Lets isolate DC voltage sources. It is not easy, but if it is test you suggest, I will do? I have removed it before, just to see what was behind it I have to remove a metal panel or wall from within one of the lower compartments. When the rain stops, I can go pull it. This weekend at the latest. But remember the Inverter is still getting power too when Coach Battery is OFF & Chassis battery ON. It has simply been the fact that 99/100 the Inverter was already OFF when I may have turned off the Coach Battery switch and never noticed it until this week.
My new info and progress made from reading your feedback above.

1. Last night I followed both of the positive cables as far as I could. I made an assumption that positive for Inverter was going to the main DC Breaker panel with Hydraulics, but I now believe I was wrong. I thought so because there is place for Inverter breaker but I noticed today with better light that it is empty

#2 I was thinking that either my Battery Disconnect Relay, or Solenoid were bad. I found the part numbers to replace each; but I was going to next try to figure out how to test them to ensure they work.

#3 But now it begins to seems to me why the Inverter may NOT turn OFF with the Coach Battery Switch because the positive feed for Inverter may not pass direct through that Disconnect Relay? I wish I could find where the positive cable to the Inverter ends and if there is in fact a Inverter breaker that is currently unknown to me? It would be a clue and maybe it is in wall behind the Inverter?

This is really puzzling to me. My brain gets fried every time I remember that turning OFF the Chassis batteries in addition to Coach Battery being off it will actually turn OFF Inverter and Ant / Cable
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum