Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 08:23 PM   #26
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
#3 But now it begins to seems to me why the Inverter may NOT turn OFF with the Coach Battery Switch because the positive feed for Inverter may not pass direct through that Disconnect Relay? I wish I could find where the positive cable to the Inverter ends and if there is in fact a Inverter breaker that is currently unknown to me? It would be a clue and maybe it is in wall behind the Inverter?

This is really puzzling to me. My brain gets fried every time I remember that turning OFF the Chassis batteries in addition to Coach Battery being off it will actually turn OFF Inverter and Ant / Cable
Thor MC gas coach do not wire the house battery disconnect relay output to the inverter. Even a 1000 watt inverter (2000 watts surge) needs a 150 amp capable cable. This is a number 2 awg minimum. The cable between the battery disconnected relay and the power center is usually a 6 awg and has a 50 amp CB. You would never want a long term current draw of more the 20% of the deep cycle lead acid house battery's amp-h capacity. Most RV manufactures the power center's 12 volt capability to 50 amps. I would guess the Winny does the same.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.