Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 10:13 PM   #30
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post

But my puzzlement is about regardless to what I may be doing or not doing, if I turn the House Battery Switch off shouldn't everything that run off the batteries shut down? Winnebago is telling me it should, other owners are saying it should, seems to work that way with Thor, but I have not seen or heard how it is suppose to be wired up to see what I have different The fact that it makes sense to me that the Inverter should NOT be downstream from the Battery Disconnect Relay makes it even more of a gap as to how is it EVEN Possible short a hard Disconnect Switch at least on the line that feeds the Inverter? But if I do that, I might as well just use the switch that is already on the inverter or the switch on the inside remote and go into cabinet and turn off the Ant/Cable booster? Or if I wish to really show how much I have out into this, I could simply just turn off the Chassis Disconnect switch whenever I shut off the House Battery Disconnect switch, but that would be letting Winnebago off the hook Right now they are telling it is suppose to shut everything down... If so; am willing to go to Missouri; because I am in the Show Me State of Mind
A common assumption is that the battery isolation, latching relay disconnects the house batteries from everything in the coach. It does not. It simply disconnects the power centers 12 volt fuse panel from the house batteries. The inverter, start relay for the generator, starter relay for the jacks and the BIRD/ BIM remain connected. Some other safety functions may also remain connected. The real reason the battery isolation latching relay is to keep the in-wall slide motors' brakes from depleting the batteries when the coach is parked and not being used.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum