Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 10:50 PM   #31
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
A common assumption is that the battery isolation, latching relay disconnects the house batteries from everything in the coach. It does not. It simply disconnects the power centers 12 volt fuse panel from the house batteries. Thank you and the Winnebago rep that brought up the Battery Disconnect Relay sent me on Wild Goose hunt. On the positive I have learned a lot abot it because I can confirm what you say here is 100% of what I see. Everything on the 12 volt DC Panel goes OFF & ON with the Battery Disconnect Relay.

The inverter, start relay for the generator, starter relay for the jacks and the BIRD/ BIM remain connected. Some other safety functions may also remain connected. The real reason the battery isolation latching relay is to keep the in-wall slide motors' brakes from depleting the batteries when the coach is parked and not being used.
Notes:
1. A 3rd Winnie Rep got involved today, I asked for more detail 12vc drawings or someone to tell me how the Inverter is wired to stop with Battery Disconnect Switch. He reconfirmed that it is really is suppose to shutdown the Inverter and ANT/Cable LED
2. My generator will NOT start when House Batteries Switch is OFF
3. My Wall slide will not operate with House Batteries Switch Off
4. My Jacks require the Engine to be running in order to work, it does not matter is House Batteries Switch is On or OFF. Chassis batteries have to be on for Engine to start in order to level coach

So I am back to the Inverter what could be missing or happening that is preventing it to power off? From what I have learned, there must be something else behind the Batter Disconnect Switch by door that goes to the Inverter to shut the power that is apparently NOT working
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.