Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #35
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toubdog View Post
I, too, needed to replace 4 bulbs after few months of use. The bulb was not blew but it was damaged by water intrusion (rusted contacts) into the tail-light assembly due to the cheap foam gasket. Upon removing the assembly, I also discovered some plywood decay and it was soaked. I dried the area, checked for delamination of the area, then sealed the tail-light with generous bead of clear silicone caulk. I'm also replacing the screws with stainless one. "Shoddy workmanship with apparently no quality control."
I think that Thor should a recall of these RV and replace the defective tail lights Command 003-30.
Good luck on a recall... This problem has been around for years and the same poor foam gasket That was on my 2014 Vegas is on my 2016 Axis. They won't even fix the problem, never mind recall them!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum