Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 08:39 AM   #39
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Hopefully you get the answer soon.
Is this a problem for you or are you just trying to get a straight answer?

I am just trying to get a straight answer. I want the truth. If my coach is wired improperly, or if some component is failed, I want it fixed. This is one of the reasons I bought it brand new; and I expect no less. As a practical matter it is not a problem because I always turn the Inverter on/off using the wall remote inside. It is easy to tell if it is left on due to the green LED. The TV is also dead give away if inverter is left on But now that I know this is an issue, lets say I left my outside fridge on, and turned the TVs off with their TV remotes; I my wife, or kids could assume the Inverter is off and turn off the Battery Coach Switch thinking we done good; and leave. The outside fridge could run down and destroy my new $600 Solar AGM batteries

Do you have an electrical diagram for your rig? If so and your schematic says the inverter is wired directly into the house batteries you have your answer regardless of what a Winnie rep says. The schematics would be the authoritative source. As a note, my inverter is shown on the 12 VDC diagram that also should the disconnect relay. and the BIM.

Yes but that is part of the confusion, the drawings are not 100% What is clear is the Battery Installation Drawing that shows a 12v positive going through the 150amp Fuse but on that drawing it does not show where that 12v power line goes. When I get under the coach and follow, it appears to go to the inverter but I lose it in bundles of looms so I cannot say for sure. On another drawing that shows the 12 vDC wiring for the Body which include the Inverter it does not show anything from Inverter straight to the battery, but when I blow it up 300%, it looks as if their is 12v positive line than runs across the coach to the other side where the Main DC Breaker panel is? That is also where the Solenoid and Battery Disconnect Relay switches are.

I now have 2 Winnie owners and 3 Winnie reps saying the House Switch should turn off my Inverter. I am beginning to think that maybe it is supposed to be wired through the disconnect Relay and it is Not? I am still working with Winnebago on this one, but they wanted me to take back to the Dealer. Not exactly the best time of the year to take your coach in for something like this, but then again, since I am out of warranty and it is something they are willing to fix, beggars can't be choosey.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.