Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 08:49 PM   #40
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Update:

I don't know why but doing some more trial and error testing today this is what I found out.

The Chassis Switch is ON in all of the scenarios below; so Chassis being ON/OFF has no effect on these results.

I observed this morning the Coach Battery Switch was off. The Inverter and ANT/Cable LED was not lit, so out of curiosity; I tried to turn on the Inverter with Remote switch. Nothing happened, I could not turn it on. I push the ant/cable button and same thing I could not turn it on. That made sense because Coach battery was off.

So I tried to repeat it. I turn Coach Switch back on & Ant LED lit up, and I was able to turn on Inverter. So I then turned the House Battery OFF and of course the Ant LED stayed green and the Inverter stay on. So to replicate what may have happened overnight, I left it alone. I checked every 10 minutes and everything stayed on. However after about 30 - 40 min the Inverter shuts down and the Ant LED goes out. You cannot turn on the Inverter at this point as long as Coach Battery switch is OFF.

So while I don't know why or how, it seems like I have the best of both worlds? If I were to forget an leave inverter on when I turn the House Battery off, it will shutdown by itself 30 - 40 mins later. Same for Ant / Cable LED. Knowing this I could also purposely leave a few things on Inverter and turn off the Battery Switch; and still have time to get a few things or belongings and have assurances that if forget to turn Switch Off it will do so by itself

My next steps is to talk to Magnum because this may be some hidden feature?

During the meantime, I love this coach
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum