Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 11:55 PM   #27
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
Ok lads and lasses which are you using, dinosaur oil or synthetic, in your MH and the genny.
I had always shied away from synthetics, my reasoning back when Mobil 1 first hit the scene there were horror stories ( mostly unsubstantiated) told around the coffee machine at the Chrysler dealer where I worked of synthetic oil causing engines to leak like a sieve. Logic was synthetics were so much lighter than Dino oil they would pour through the gaskets. In the mid 70's there may even been some truth to those rumors. Fast forward from mid 70's to today and I still am on the fence on synthetics being better than natural crudes. So my question what are you all using in the engine these days?
I have been using Mobil 1 since it came out. Mobil 1 doesn't expand or shrink gaskets it reacts the same as conventional motor oil. It can be used from day one. All the old wives tales are not true. I have used it in every car and truck I've owned. When I bought my Gold Wing in 1986 I called Honda and they told me to use Honda oil, I gave them the specs for Mobil 1 and he told me it was better than any oil they had. Honda said to use it as long as the clutches don't slip. It's still in the bike today. It does everything better than regular motor oil. Using a blended oil is only as good as the crappy oil that is mixed with the synthetic oil. My 1983 snowblower and my 98 lawn tractor still run great and use no oil between changes

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum