Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 02:12 AM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well the lauan panels are pretty cheap and are easily damaged with just a skimpy surface coating of fake wood grain. Most panels are either pinned or mini stapled on and typically have a color match finish applied over the fasteners. On occasion I have used side cutters with protection between lauan panel and side cutter to grab and pry a staple for removal......but don’t recommend it unless you have a backup plan for restoration/repair. In some purpose built access panels there are actually robertson (square drive) screws used. I assume you have found, in the bedroom closet next to the bathroom, the access panel to the bedroom TV? Four screws to remove and it gives some access to the space behind the TV. I don’t know how the coax cable is run in the coach as I have never had to access them. Pulling drawers under the stove and fridge should give floor access but I am not sure the coax is run along the floor or behind the microwave space. Also note that the pantry drawer beside the sink can be totally removed if required to run cables etc along the floor/exterior wall, but it is a PIA. If you find your coax cable problem let us know how it runs and where the problem was. I am not sure if Thor coach documents for ACE show the coax cable runs in detail. I hope you enjoy your coach. We have had good luck so far with ours, purchased new in Sept 2012.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.