Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 02:16 AM   #14
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petergoel View Post
The door on our 2013 Daybreak sticks when the sun shines on it. Have to use a crowbar to gently pry it open. Don’t think it is the problem in your case but it is pretty inconvenient being locked out of your coach.
You need to see if it is your door lock that need a bit more clearance or the jam. My new electronic lock did and it was stuck locked and I left the keys inside. So thankfully I was at home and had all my tools. I was lucky that there was some small gap so I could see the problem. It was the deadbolt just not moving to open completely. I was able to use a thin small L tool to reach in and push the deadbolt open by turning the L with its point pushed in hard against the dead bolt. After getting the keys, I checked and it easily opened with it, but not with the motor. I used a file to open the gap in the door jam just enough to allow the dead bolt to open with the electronic motor. Then I had to continue to file another two spots to stop the door from sticking. Lesson learned - Don't leave the keys inside when first testing a new lock.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.