Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 10:02 AM   #12
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
OP...... I understand your pain and empathize with you. While your feelings of frustration and disappointment are well founded, this is the unfortunate state of the RV industry in general and it is becoming worse with all the newbies jumping in for the first time and overwhelming an already taxed customer service system.

There is an overwhelming demand for RV's and dealers who have fairly inexperienced labor as it is can't even add people to meet the demand because no one wants to work with all the "free" money the current adminstration keeps handing out across the board even though the economy is improving once states realize they need to be open.... but I digress.

Because of the spike in RV sales and the shut down last year of many manufacturing companies, parts are in short supply so what were long wait times during normal times is even worse now.

I do remember your first posts about the slide not working on the way home from purchsing your coach and having to find a mobile RV service.

As I have said numerous times on this forum, I would only deal with the manufacturer's service center and not a dealer when it comes to warranty service for anything I would consider major repairs. I have never purchased from the same dealer twice and my current coach (2020 Magnitude SV34) was purchased from General RV in Ohio. I have always taken the coach back to the Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa, IN for major service. They only work on Thor products and they know the strengths and weaknesse of each coach. The guy's in the dealer service center might work on a specific model or a specific repair a couple times.... or never.

As was mentioned previously, I would work through Entegra directly to get an appointment with their Factory Service center to get your slide and all of your other issues addressed.

Even though the floor is cosmetic.... it is about quality and workmanship and the floor should be addressed under warranty. It would be a major job for the dealer to replace the entire floor so I could see how General RV might not want to do it given their service backlog... but Entegra should be willing and able to handle it on a new coach.

The suggestion of using an independent RV restoration and repair shop is also a good one. If you don't want to take it to Indiana, then you can press Entegra to let you get estimates from a local independent shop to see if they would cover it under warranty. You might have to pay out of pocket but they would reimburse you if they approve the repairs.

Finally, as others have said.... things are going to break on an RV. Its just the nature of the beast. This is also not the auto industry where 99.9% of things work properly from the factory. In the RV industry it is the opposite.... there is a 99.9% chance an RV is going to have problems even before you sign the paperwork to take it home. That is why spending several hours on a PDI is so very important. Unfortunately, a lot of people new to RV's don't know this and end up very disappointed and frustrated.

It helps immensely if you are mechanically inclined and can do your own repairs and upgrades. I told my wife manby times that I don't know how anyone can own a motorhome if they can't do their own repairs. If I could not handle most things myself, I doubt I would own one. I have had Thor send me parts under warranty on numerous occassions so I could do my own repairs instead of taking it to the dealer.

If you can handle most minor repairs (a slide failure like yours is a major repair that should be handled by Entegra or the dealer), then it will help your frustration levels and let you enjoy the coach more.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum