Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #19
JeffreyLee

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #22979
Thor Build Quality?

I took delivery of my 2021 Sequence 20L on March 26, 2021. This unit is built on a Ram Promaster base and upfitted by Thor. I am a retired mechanical engineer and worked my way through high school and college as a carpenter so I have some relevant experience. What I have found so far is minor to middling quality and design issues on our unit. I have found a lot of screws either not tightened down or over driven so that they are stripped in the hole with no hold. Two of the upper cabinet doors have come loose and needed to be repaired (we have not even take a single trip yet). I found that the drivers side bed had a single screw partially driven in that was intended to hold up the back corner of the bed. That was the only support in that corner. It was already bending down and there has been no real weight put on it yet. The access hatch in the drivers side bed was missing two of four supports so it was literally hanging down into the compartment. The medicine cabinet holding magnet was fastened in on angle so it does not hold cabinet door. I have found a number of wires hanging down that I had to zip tie up to keep them secure (just sloppy). The after market swivel seats Thor installed would not rotate without a massive wrestling match. I ended up taking the seat apart and re-assembled it so that it now swivels easily. So all these things can be fixed by a handy owner, but I pity the owner who needs to take it into the dealer for each repair. Are these issue more or less than other manufacturers? I do not know as this is my first RV. I was forewarned about these kinds of things so I was prepared to handle them. Will have to see how this RV does once we start taking trips in it. My favorite comment by the "Finance Manager" at the dealership was " you know this is a house build with sticks that will start falling apart once you take it down the road. You really need to buy the extended warranty protection package!" He should be a salesman.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum