Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #8
Frodgesd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kentucky
THOR #23187
Well I found the short and the cause. The short was a result of the wires in the control module pigtail and melted them together enough to expose the hot and ground wire together.
Once I separated them and taped the bare spots, it fired up land I noticed some flame and a lot of heat coming back out the bottom flue tube. I cleaned the tube and tried again with the same issue. I’m wondering if it’s the wrong burner tube because the exhaust at the top of the flue is barely warm and enough heat is coming back out the bottom that it’s melting wires which is what I think happens to start this mess. Just not sure what to do to get it corrected.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum