Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: "Regeneration"?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:45 PM   #36
campy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 23 TR
State: Florida
THOR #10954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I said I did not dispute that this corrected your symptoms. I’m just pointing out that unless there is a serious design issue... that likely would be handles via a Recall.... your solution may be hiding the underlying problem.

If there aren’t dozens of people reporting similar issues that also can’t be resolved, it is not unreasonable to assume there is a specific issue causing the problem with your chassis.

As far as the value of this forum..... this topic would better be discussed in an automotive forum vs an RV forum since this is not an issue stemming from it being an RV. When it comes to pure RV issues, most people find this forum extremely valuable.
I think you missed the part about going to 6 different Ford dealers in a 2 year period with this issue. I was back to each one of them at lease 2 to 3 times each. 1 of them should have done a recall which I had done at the 1st Ford dealer recall completed right after we purchased this RV. There are many diesel Transit issue going on with these units. Thor told me that they went to the gas version since they had so many service calls mostly from hot humid climates. You must be more of an expert than I am and would of liked a solution from you as I lost over 1 year at different location waiting on Ford to solve this issue which they admitted they didn't have a work around. One of their very experienced diesel mechanics is the one who suggested I look into a catch can. Not much of an RV issue if you can drive it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum