Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: "Regeneration"?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 07:51 PM   #37
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
I think you missed the part about going to 6 different Ford dealers in a 2 year period with this issue. I was back to each one of them at lease 2 to 3 times each. 1 of them should have done a recall which I had done at the 1st Ford dealer recall completed right after we purchased this RV. There are many diesel Transit issue going on with these units. Thor told me that they went to the gas version since they had so many service calls mostly from hot humid climates. You must be more of an expert than I am and would of liked a solution from you as I lost over 1 year at different location waiting on Ford to solve this issue which they admitted they didn't have a work around. One of their very experienced diesel mechanics is the one who suggested I look into a catch can. Not much of an RV issue if you can drive it.
My apologies for trying to help you.... but I did not miss the 6 different Ford dealers.

You can still have 6 dealers who aren't the best diagnosticians. Heck.... I purchased lottery ticket from 6 differents stores.... but I still lost anyway.

I don't have personal experience with the 3.2L dielsel but the most common problems I have read about have been issues with rough idling, which was mostly due to issues with the fuel pump. I have read the engine is pretty reliable in most cases but if there are issues it is usually a fuel delivery problem. I have not read dozens of posts from different owners about them experiencing the issue you are reporting. Not saying it is not a wide spread issue.. just saying I haven't heard this before anywhere.

So I would ask..... if you have had this issue and six Ford dealers could not fix it, why didn't you pursue a lawyer? While RV Lemon Laws and cases are rare (some people have won them), Lemon Laws do exist for problems purely related to the chassis and not the "house." You might have to file a case against Ford and Thor (since Thor sold it) but ultimately it is Ford's engine and service dept that can't fix the problem. I think you could possibly have a case.... especially if you had to perform and after-market solution yourself.

Bottom line is that your issue is with Ford and not Thor from my perspective. Yes.... you can point a finger at Thor for picking a Transit chassis with this engine combination but personally I can't blame Thor for this one. If there is truly a design flaw as you seem to indicate from your dealings with Ford service, why not seek legal counsel; especially if the Ford issue prevents you from using the RV?

At the very least, you should have contacted Ford directly (maybe you did) and asked to speak to a Regional Service Director about your problem and the inability to get it fixed at 6 dealerships.

There is a regular poster here..... Macdaddy. He bought a brand new Thor Hurricane and in a few hundred miles the V10 blew. Not Thor's fault.... just bad luck. He dealt with Ford and Ford replaced the engine under warranty.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum